- Supported Languages
- English, Japanese, Portuguese International, Spanish
- Formats Available
- Facilitator-led by an AHA Instructor or member of the general public
- 2.5 hours
Family & Friends® CPR
This program teaches the lifesaving skills of adult Hands-Only™ CPR, child CPR with breaths, adult and child AED use, infant CPR and relief of choking in an adult, child or infant. Anyone, an AHA Instructor or a member of the community serving as a facilitator, can lead the course by following the Facilitator Guide and playing the skills practice DVD. The research-proven practice-while-watching technique provides students with the most hands-on CPR practice time possible while they watch skills performed accurately on the DVD.
Features and Benefits
- AHA’s research-proven practice-while-watching technique improves learning and retention.
- Classroom format works well for learners who prefer group interaction and feedback while learning skills.
- Each student receives a high-quality Student Manual for ongoing reference.
For the general public; not appropriate for healthcare providers
Content and Modules +
- Hands-Only™ CPR
- Child and infant CPR with breaths
- Adult and child AED use
- Relief of choking in an adult, child or infant
Student Materials +
Family & Friends CPR Student Manual
Facilitator Materials +
Family & Friends CPR DVD with Facilitator Guide. This course can be led by an AHA Instructor or a member of the general public who wants to serve as a facilitator.
Course Format and Exam +
This is a facilitated course which can be led by an AHA Instructor or member of the community serving as a facilitator. The course does not require any testing.
Course Completion Card Type +
This is a facilitated course which can be led by an AHA Instructor or a member of the community. This course does not provide a course completion card.