- Supported Languages
- English, Japanese
- Formats Available
- About 8 hours (7 to 7.25 hours without breaks, 8 to 8.5 hours with breaks)
ACLS for Experienced Providers
The ACLS for Experienced Providers Course is designed to improve outcomes in complex cardiovascular, respiratory, metabolic, toxicologic and other emergencies by expanding on the ACLS Course and encouraging critical thinking and decision-making strategies. Through instruction and active participation in case-based scenarios, learners enhance their skills in the differential diagnosis and treatment of prearrest, arrest and postarrest patients.
Features and Benefits
- Reflects recent science from the 2013 American College of Cardiology Foundation/AHA Guidelines for the Management of ST-Elevation Myocardial Infarction and 2012 ACCF/AHA Focused Update of the Guideline for the Management of Patients With Unstable Angina/Non–ST-Elevation Myocardial Infarction.
- Uses case-based scenarios to move beyond the algorithms and show learners how to apply critical thinking to quickly reach a differential diagnosis and effectively manage treatment
- Includes more of the cases and information learners have requested, including pharmacology, toxicology, respiratory and metabolic cases.
- Includes 68 scenarios, including prehospital, emergency department and in-hospital scenarios to customize the course to best meet the needs of learners.
- The ACLS Provider exam is completed online before class, allowing learners more time to share and learn from peers.
For experienced healthcare professionals who direct or perform BLS and ACLS skills, read and interpret ECGs, understand ACLS pharmacology and who regularly lead or participate in emergency assessment and treatment of prearrest, arrest or postarrest patients.
Content and Modules +
- Applying the expanded systematic approach to patient assessment, evaluation and management of cardiovascular emergencies
- Cerebrovascular emergencies
- Respiratory and metabolic emergencies
- Post–cardiac arrest care
- Clinical pharmacology and toxicology emergencies
- High-quality CPR
- Effective communication within a resuscitation team and recognition of the impact of team dynamics on overall team performance
Student Materials +
ACLS for Experienced Providers Manual and Resource Text. Purchase in English in print or Ebook format from your local AHA Distributor. For Japanese ACLS EP materials, please contact Biomedis located in How to Buy, under Asia Pacific Distributors.
Instructor Materials +
- ACLS for Experienced Providers DVD Set (Includes ACLS for Experienced Providers Instructor Manual and DVD)
- ACLS for Experienced Providers DVD
- ACLS for Experienced Providers Instructor Package
Course Format and Exam +
For successful course completion, learners must actively participate in all case-based scenarios and must meet all current ACLS course completion requirements, including:
- Pass the 1-rescuer CPR and AED skills test
- Pass the bag-mask ventilation skills test
- Pass the Megacode skills test
- Pass the ACLS Provider exam with a score of 84% or higher
Course Completion Card Type +
An American Heart Association ACLS EP course completion card, valid for two years.